A world to explore
Sicily is a rich territory, made up of an artistic, cultural and food and wine heritage that has no equal in the world!
During your stay in our structure you will have the opportunity to explore, visit and taste the Sicilian!
As you can see by continuing to read on this page, the surroundings of our hotel will not fail to satisfy your thirst for adventure!
Here are the top 10 reasons to visit our coast!
1. Walk and mess up Europe's highest active volcano
In less than an hour by car you can reach the breathtaking, almost lunar landscapes of Etna where you can feel the breath
of our land from the depths of his soul. A unique walk with a 360° view.
2. Try to finish a sandwich at the Borderi dairy in Ortigia Syracuse or look for Caravaggio
In an hour and 30 minutes you arrive in the city of Archimedes, full of ancient history to be visited in a whole day.
3. Listen to how people "bannia" at the fish market in Catania
In an hour you arrive in the city of Catania, the city with the elephant in the center of Piazza Duomo. Besides the famous
fish market, taking a romantic walk to Villa Bellini and eating excellent
arancini nearby will be an unforgettable experience.
4. Take a slow ride with donkeys in Savoca discovering why it was chosen for 'The Godfather'
In just 20 minutes you arrive in the hilltop village of Savoca with suggestive natural scenery, where it is mandatory
to stop at the "Vitelli" bar. For history lovers it is advisable to pay a visit to the catacombs of
the Capuchin friars.
5. Chasing Ulysses at dawn in Acitrezza
Less than an hour takes you to the village where you can find not only Ulisse, but also Giovanni Verga, where you
stay for lunch in one of the many fish restaurants, after admiring the Faraglioni on the Cyclops
6. Aperitif on the boat at the Blue Grotto of Isola Bella
In 30 minutes you arrive at Isola Bella from where many boat excursions depart to discover the most suggestive glimpses of our coast, including an excursion to one of the most famous Sicilian caves or "Grotta Azzurra".
7. Sip a glass of “risque” almond wine at Bar Turrisi in Castelmola
After the visit of Taormina, climb even higher, to Castelmola, at sunset to sip a glass of "risque" almond wine at the legendary Bar Turrisi with a view of Etna.
8. Attend a show at the Greek theater of Taormina at least once in your life
Any one is enough, because the show is already there, a mix of spectacular nature and history.
An experience not to be missed!
9. Take a frozen but happy selfie in the Alcantara gorges.
In 45 minutes you arrive in one of the most evocative places in eastern Sicily, a lava canyon formed
thousands of years ago, with walls of basalt rock up to 235 meters high and dug by the icy waters
10. Looking at the "continent" from Forza d'Agrò
In 10 minutes by car you arrive in the nearby hilltop village, also chosen for the filming of the film
“Godfather”. Walking you can admire a spectacular view from Etna passing through Taormina to the Strait of Messina and the Ionian Sea with a view of Calabria, the Continent.
Hotel Donna Rosa
Via Consolare Valeria 233 , Sant’Alessio Siculo (ME), Sicily
+39 0942756944 – +39 3206834361